C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet
$27.99 – $30.99
Item #: NAR30
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper and lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- Featuring NAR’s Red Tip TechnologyTM with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a write-able area to record the time of application
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Official tourniquet of the U.S. army
- Availble in Rescue Orange, Black
- Trainer avaible in blue,
- WARNING THE BLUE IS FOR TRAINING ONLY NOT FOR USE ON PATIENTS
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma The C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage. The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A Hook and Loop strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
|Dimensions||8 × 2 × 1 in|
Black, Rescue Orange (+$2.00), Trainer blue (+$3.00)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.